11. December: 3dsMax GPU renderer FStorm is now released with version 1.0.1c and you can buy it for only 20 Euros per month. NVidia finally released mentalray for Maya. No new features, it is still the 3.14 but you can download it and use it for free for still images and UI renderings.
29. November: Guerilla Render released version 1.4.1.
27. November: Added a review for the new Renderman21 with my bottle scene.
20. November: Pixar released the NonCommercial version of Renderman 21. Nvidia finally released version 3.14 of mentalray for maya with similiar conditions as Arnold. Insydium released the first commercial Cycles spinoff for Cinema4d. Chaos Group released VRay for Revit.
02. November: Chaos Group releases a small update for the Maya VRay plugin. It now supports VRScans, Chaos Group's own maeasured material system.
01. November: Act-3d releases Lumion 7 with some nice new features like translucent materials.
25. October: Marmoset reveals Marmoset Toolbag 3.0 which will be available in late November with some exciting new features.
24. October: I finally was able to start the testing area in the RenderWiki. I will create scenes and try to render it with different renderers to see how they behave during setup and rendering. The very first scene is a breaking bottle scene. There are downloads for you so that you can try it yourself and give me some hints in case I write complete nonsense.
09. October: AAA Studio releases Furryball RT 1.4 with an implementation of Arnolds aiStandard shader. Chaos Group added a VRay version of the famous alSurface shaders. The Appleseed team released version 1.5.0-beta.
25. September: Added a new entry for GPU 3dsmax plugin renderer FStorm.
04. September: Added new entry for nXt Renderer, a plugin for AutoCAD and same engine but other names for SketchUp and Revit.
24. August: ChaosGroup uptaded the maya plugin for Maya2017.
16. August: Added a new entry for vd-3d.
05. August: Added Amd's OpenSource pathtracer ProRender for 3dsMax (Maya and others are in development).
21. July: Isotropix releases Clarisse 3.0.
18. July: Pixar released Renderman 21.
03. July: Switched access of renderwiki.com from the old version to this new version. Only a few renderers are online at the moment, but I will add them step by step. I updated so far: 3delight, 3dsmax which can now be installed without mentalray, AIR, Arion, Artlantis, and others.
29. September: After 2 years I moved the database to a new CMS. Step by step I'll add all the renderers and update them to the newest state. Some renderers do not exist any more like ReLight from The Bakery. I removed the compositing section completly and a lot of other completly outdated pages. I hope I can rebuild some with new and updated content.
29. September: Added Electric Image Animation System (EIAS). Updated Luxion Keyshot to version 4.1 with some nice new features like cartoon shading and focused caustics. Updated Caustic Visualizer for Maya to version 1.1. Added the renderer interface for freestyle, a system to create NPR images.
22. September: Added a new educational/experimental renderer smallVCM. Updated VRay with information about the OpenBeta of Vray3.0 for 3dsmax. Updated TheaRender to version 1.2 with its new rendering GPU engine called Presto.
20. September: Updated SiTex Graphics AIR to version 13.0. Airstream can now render maya fluids and supports maya 2014.
19. September: Updated Spectral Studio to new version13a. Updated Furryball to version 4.0. They have a huge amount of new features. Added Cryteks Cinebox as a new renderer. This renderer will change the render world as soon as it will be released. Updated Lagoa to version 1.5. Updated Artlantis to the all new version 5.0. Updated Terragen to version 3.0. Added a new free renderer called fujiyama. It's a very promising but still a bit limited renderer. But it has an API and we can expect to see a maya implementation soon. Added a new free renderer called XRT. It is based on renderman spec and can read rib files.
Last update: 12.2016