14. April: Arnold released a public beta of it's current release enabling GPU rendering. Redshift now belongs to Maxon, the creators of Cinema4D. Mantra has some minor improvements like Cryptomatte and Optix Denoiser. Marmoset Toolbag added a lot of new features like Python scripting, or much improved texture map baking. Moved mentalray and Maya's software renderer as well as the Project Messiah renderer to the graveyard. Modo supports AMD's ProRender engine and Nvidias Optix framework.
03. February: Isotropix released Clarisse 4.0, quite shortly after the release of SP8 of 3.6. They made some really great improvements, check it out. Lumion can produce more realistic lighting, and nice rain and snow effects.
27. January: After a long time a new Lightwave version was released with a lot of new features.
26. January: Clarisse released SP8 of Clarisse 3.6. While it is still expensive, it seems to be a great solution designed to work fast with large amount of data. Keyshot has some interesting new features like displacement mapping, flake generation, vdb and volume rendering. Moved Lagoa to the graveyard because since December 2017 the online render service belonging to Autodesk closed it's doors.
13. January: Cebas released a new version of finalRender in last December. It seems that they dropped the support for other DCC's except 3dsMax. FluidRay, very promising and almost fully featured, has no update since several years. FStorm GPU renderer for 3dsMax has a lot of updates and a whole bunch of new features. FurryBallRT is now almost free because development has terminated for this product. There is no sign of the particle renderer Fury any more, so I move it to the graveyard. Guerilla renderer has made some interesting progress, it is a real competition to other more expensive renderers I think. It will be tested with my RenderTestProject. Indigo renderer has now a good SDK and can be more easily integreated into other DCC's. Readded the Special Purpose section.
05. January: Corona renderer, which is now part of Chaos Group, made large steps forward. No news about Colimo and EIAS (at least they seem to work on a new release). Enscape renderer has been updated, FilmEngine not since serveral years, there is still only the announcement website.
04. January: Updated Renderman with infos about the newer releases. They are making a really great renderer.
31. December: Created the first shader tests in the TestRenderProject. Updated Arnold renderer to current version 22.214.171.124. Updated Artlantis and Bryce (yes it is still sold). GPU renderer Centileo now has Cinema4D and 3ds Max plugins. Cinema4D now can use ProRender as an alternative renderengine.
30. December: Started an update for all renderers. 3Delight as made a big step and deprecated the old Renderman interface. 3ds Max 2019 now has a bunch of available renderers. Beginning of the TestRenderProject. Nothing has changed in AIR renderer since the last release 2014. Random Control's Arion renderer shows no new infos for about more than a year, not sure if it is still under active development.
11. December: 3dsMax GPU renderer FStorm is now released with version 1.0.1c and you can buy it for only 20 Euros per month. NVidia finally released mentalray for Maya. No new features, it is still the 3.14 but you can download it and use it for free for still images and UI renderings.
29. November: Guerilla Render released version 1.4.1.
27. November: Added a review for the new Renderman21 with my bottle scene.
20. November: Pixar released the NonCommercial version of Renderman 21. Nvidia finally released version 3.14 of mentalray for maya with similiar conditions as Arnold. Insydium released the first commercial Cycles spinoff for Cinema4d. Chaos Group released VRay for Revit.
02. November: Chaos Group releases a small update for the Maya VRay plugin. It now supports VRScans, Chaos Group's own maeasured material system.
01. November: Act-3d releases Lumion 7 with some nice new features like translucent materials.
25. October: Marmoset reveals Marmoset Toolbag 3.0 which will be available in late November with some exciting new features.
24. October: I finally was able to start the testing area in the RenderWiki. I will create scenes and try to render it with different renderers to see how they behave during setup and rendering. The very first scene is a breaking bottle scene. There are downloads for you so that you can try it yourself and give me some hints in case I write complete nonsense.
09. October: AAA Studio releases Furryball RT 1.4 with an implementation of Arnolds aiStandard shader. Chaos Group added a VRay version of the famous alSurface shaders. The Appleseed team released version 1.5.0-beta.
25. September: Added a new entry for GPU 3dsmax plugin renderer FStorm.
04. September: Added new entry for nXt Renderer, a plugin for AutoCAD and same engine but other names for SketchUp and Revit.
24. August: ChaosGroup uptaded the maya plugin for Maya2017.
16. August: Added a new entry for vd-3d.
05. August: Added Amd's OpenSource pathtracer ProRender for 3dsMax (Maya and others are in development).
21. July: Isotropix releases Clarisse 3.0.
18. July: Pixar released Renderman 21.
03. July: Switched access of renderwiki.com from the old version to this new version. Only a few renderers are online at the moment, but I will add them step by step. I updated so far: 3delight, 3dsmax which can now be installed without mentalray, AIR, Arion, Artlantis, and others.
29. September: After 2 years I moved the database to a new CMS. Step by step I'll add all the renderers and update them to the newest state. Some renderers do not exist any more like ReLight from The Bakery. I removed the compositing section completly and a lot of other completly outdated pages. I hope I can rebuild some with new and updated content.
29. September: Added Electric Image Animation System (EIAS). Updated Luxion Keyshot to version 4.1 with some nice new features like cartoon shading and focused caustics. Updated Caustic Visualizer for Maya to version 1.1. Added the renderer interface for freestyle, a system to create NPR images.
22. September: Added a new educational/experimental renderer smallVCM. Updated VRay with information about the OpenBeta of Vray3.0 for 3dsmax. Updated TheaRender to version 1.2 with its new rendering GPU engine called Presto.
20. September: Updated SiTex Graphics AIR to version 13.0. Airstream can now render maya fluids and supports maya 2014.
19. September: Updated Spectral Studio to new version13a. Updated Furryball to version 4.0. They have a huge amount of new features. Added Cryteks Cinebox as a new renderer. This renderer will change the render world as soon as it will be released. Updated Lagoa to version 1.5. Updated Artlantis to the all new version 5.0. Updated Terragen to version 3.0. Added a new free renderer called fujiyama. It's a very promising but still a bit limited renderer. But it has an API and we can expect to see a maya implementation soon. Added a new free renderer called XRT. It is based on renderman spec and can read rib files.
Last update: 01.2021